Monday, November 21, 2011

Our Smilin' Gal





I was proven wrong!
Today was our first dentist appointment for sweet Molly. We had scheduled this appointment waaaaaaayy back before China and I thought I was prepared but as the day drew closer I began to worry that my sweet happy child would not be sweet and happy after being poked and prodded by the dentist. I happen to hate the dentist so I worried for our little girl! I asked my friends to accompany us so she would understand what was happening, I asked my hubby to accompany me for support, and off we went. We arrived, met the nicest dentist and hygienist, had a check up, xrays, some serious dental work and through it all our sweetie once again was a CHAMP! She completely understood the reason for the visit and that in the end of our many appointments she will feel so much better! Thank you Jane and Jian our awesome, caring, God Loving interpreters who prayed for Molly and our family all day long. Our happy Molly ate dinner and of course some ice cream and was still smilin' tonight as she nodded off to sleep with a "Love, Love, Love you Mom". Ahhh, how my heart loves our new daughter!


MOLLY AFTER TREATMENT SMILIN' AWAY

6 comments:

  1. Maureen,
    So glad the appointment went so well. She is such a brave little thing. Can't wait to meet her. I am glad she allowed them to do what they needed to do for her health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why this post made me cry. Maybe because Molly is so brave. Maybe because you have so much love and support around you. Or, maybe because I hate the dentist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the updates. busy girl! hannah enjoyed playing hide and seek at the chongs with molly and friends. feels like she has always been here and is right where she is meant to be. happy thanksgiving. much love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a joy she is! :) Love that smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post makes me miss you! I am so thankful that you are experiencing such an amazing transition! I tried to call you today, but I think you were busy on the phone! Jeff's sister arrives tonight, but I will try to get over soon.
    Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete