Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Testimony

Saturday was a GLORY filled day.  The sun was shining and a power chair walk was calling our name.  So off we went to hang at the neighbors who had 20 Young Life students mulching their yard to raise money for summer camp. 
Their leader came over to meet Molly and as my friend introduced them she mentioned that Molly was a Believer.  Then, only God orchestrated the next chain of events.
Their leader, Kris, asked Molly about how she came to be a believer.  Amazed..she asked her to share her story with all 20 students hard at work mulching.  She told Molly in such a sweet way that this was too good of a story not to share. Would she be willing?  She told Molly it was completely up to her.  Our sweet Molly thought for  a moment and said "yes" she would share.
Kris gathered the Young Life Students together on the lawn and Molly shared in a strong sure voice about how she arrived at an orphanage in China and about how scared and sad she was until she heard about the name of Jesus who came to save.  She told them she prayed to Jesus and he helped her and she prayed that He would find a family for her and then she had a family. Testimony of a 10 year old!  Sharing Jesus' love with others!

    
After the students went back to mulching I asked Kris to pray for Molly throughout the summer as she has some pretty big surgeries to prepare for in July.  Kris then asked Molly if the Young Life Students who were believers could come pray with her right then.  Off she went to gather them back together and ALL the students asked if they could come pray with our beautiful girl!  So, we once again gathered and prayed for our brave courageous believing Molly.

 
What a Glory filled day only orchestrated by our one true faithful God! 

10 comments:

  1. Sobbing as I read this...what a blessing Molly is to so many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Mo! AMAZING!! Only God could orchestrate such a beautiful story filled with the power of His grace, mercy and love!
    Give that sweet Molly a squeeze from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful story Mo! I love how God has worked in Molly's life, and how aware she is of it. What a precious child!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my she is so precious! God is using her BIG TIME! Praying for her surgeries and that she would be HEALED in Jesus' name!! She is light on a hill for her God!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even began to thank Molly for her boldness right now. After being God from the weekend this event was one of the first things one of the high school girls told me. She loved everything about it! Not to mention my High school friends that were there that doesn't love Jesus. What a light Molly is in Oakwood! I'm praying for her and your family as you take on this summer's events! Can't wait to have many more interactions with your beautiful daughter! Thank you for everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glory filled day indeed!!!

    Oh how I love your sweet Molly!!!!

    Please give her a big ole hug from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish everyone in the whole neighborhood had been there with us. It was absolutely amazing. None of us will ever forget it. Many thanks Maureen and Molly.

      Delete
  7. What a sweetheart. I smile every time I see her. Love her heart for Jesus! She inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is SO cool!!! I'm so glad that YOU got to hear that and to be affirmed of your step of obedience.

    ReplyDelete