Thursday, March 17, 2011

2 Gals...500 Pounds...2 Days

Yes, it is true. I went to Louisville to hang with one of my best friends for 2 days, and what did we do? As much as I would like to say we ate 500 pounds of Chinese food at the Tea Station, the amazing restaurant we went to for lunch, we did not. We, 2 gals, packed 12 duffel bags full of donations for her April trip to Guatemala! We weighed them in at 500 pounds and counting. Counting...because if I know my friend she will continue to stuff in random things as the days go by!
You might question my sanity of driving 2 1/2 hours to pack for a friend. Well, here is the lowdown. I LOVE organizing and she LOVES collecting 'random' things. So together we make a fabulous pair! And in the midst of packing we catch up on our lives, talk lots about adoption, our hopes for Guatemala, sweet orphans in China, and on and on.


This is what her living room and playroom looked like pre packing


This is 500 pounds of donations...floor and furniture can be seen!

and this I fear are the random leftovers that need to go in her carry on...


1 comment:

  1. This reminds me so much of when you came and organized my basement...and then UNpacked me in PA, Mo. So glad you and Holly had so much fun...and were so productive. But very disappointed you did not put away the 500 lbs. of chinese food at the buffet. Darn WW.

    ReplyDelete