Tuesday, April 19, 2011

5 and 44


5 years ago in Jiangxi, China we met our daughter for the first time! She was scared, shy, tearful, and MAD! But to us she was beautiful, giggly, and our daughter, our 4th child.


You see, from the time I was nine, I begged my mom and dad to adopt a baby, I pleaded with them to foster children, I spent hours watching "Feed the Children" Telethons and then what did God do in my life?

He gave me a husband who was 'on board' with adoption.
He gave me 3 beautiful bio children
He gave me a heart for being a mom...
and He gave me an adopted daughter!

But what is soooo cool about God is that He knows us so well and He knows our hearts.
You see our precious daughter was placed in my arms on my 39th birthday.
What a gift from God! The best long awaited birthday gift ever. He sure made me wait but he made it extra special just for me, cause that is the kind of God we serve!

Happy Adoption Day Sweet Lilian!

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness! Those pictures are adorable... she is soooo precious :)

    ReplyDelete