Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fostering Carol

Back in the Fall, after huge amounts of begging, pleading and pestering from our two daughters we agreed to foster kittens through our local Humane Socie*y. We went through 3 litters of kittens before Molly came across my computer and my adoption gene was kicked into high gear. Paperwork took precedence and fostering became a thing of the past...until TODAY! We are now the proud foster family to this fluffy 8 oz ball of fur named Carol. Her tail looks like a Christmas Tree, garland and all. Well, at least we think it does. :)

She has captured our hearts and Jack's heart as well. Just look at the love between kitten and 85 pounds of dog!

Somehow I do not think that tongue will be able to reciprocate the love she felt from Jack. But, she shows love in other ways...like sharing her food and pouncing on his tail.

I am beginning to think there is a link to fostering animals and the adoption of children in my life. The last time we fostered was 7 years ago.
I thought adopting a dog would squelch my adoption desire so we fostered Jack as a puppy and then adopted him. It didn't work, the desire remained.
10 months after his adoption we started the paperwork for Lilian.
The process repeated itself this fall with kittens, 4 months after fostering we started the process for Molly.

God sure does have a way of accomplishing His plan for our lives!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maureen, I found your blog through Jennifer's Sunday Snapshot and just had to read it! I remember when I first found out about your Molly Grace! She just tugged at my heart and I began to advocate for her. I was thrilled when I found out that she had a family and I am thrilled to have found you! I had to laugh because I have fostered dogs for so long and just a few weeks ago we found a stray kitten that we fostered until just 2 days ago when he went home to his new family! I know that the Lord has used my love of animals to grow my heart for all living things who need a voice and especially the children of China. Right now we have 5 kids, 3 dogs, 1 old Golden, forever foster dog, one foster puppy, one cat and just rehomed our foster kitten! Whew! I hope you don't mind if I follow along on your journey to Molly Grace!

    ReplyDelete