Friday, March 23, 2012

Restaurant on the Highway

So we are on I70 heading home from Purdue and stop for a quick dinner.
As we were leaving the 'Truck Stop Restaurant' a woman asks us if we had adopted Molly, where she was from, and what her special need was. I love talking adoption so I stopped to chat. My hubby, on the other hand, is goal oriented and the goal for us was to get home, so he headed to the car with the other kids.
Did I say I love to chat adoption? I could have talked to this sweet woman all night. You see she has a daughter who has an adopted son from China with a limb difference and is in process to domestically adopt a young boy in a wheelchair and...her daughter fosters children. Did I ever say I used to beg my mother to foster or adopt? Did I ever say I loved hanging out at our neighbor's home who were foster parents when I was 10? Did I ever tell you that every time we foster animals we end up adopting a child from China? :) This was my lingo!
The woman was so excited that she had met someone who has the same adoption heart as her daughter, so much so she called her daughter for me to talk to, shared her daughter's blog with me, exchanged phone numbers, and took our picture. Meet Sarah, their daughter, here. A woman with a Godly heart!
I love when God puts you in places where you get to meet other people who have a heart for the orphan and truly radiate such excitement and love!
20 minutes into the 'chat' I see hubby walking back into the restaurant looking for us, he heard the adoption lingo, and headed back to the car to wait patiently with the other kids. Gotta love that man!
Our new friends walked out to the car with us and gave me a gift! Homemade pasta and 2 recipes to boot!
DELICIOUS!

1 comment:

  1. how do I follow this woman's blog-Again God is so good and He will fill your life with others who share your passion, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete