Friday, September 28, 2012

Granted

Food?  Clean water?  Clothing?  Electricity? 
I take them all for granted.  Just a part of my daily life.  Never a second thought as to where my next meal will come from.  Just open the pantry and the choices are overwhelming...but to a mom in Guatemala not the case.  Never a second thought as to where my clean water comes from.  Just turn out the spigot, any 7 in my home, and out it pours and pours...but to a mom in Guatemala not the case. Never a second thought as to what to wear.  Just open my closets and it is crammed full, mostly with clothes never touched...but to a mom in Guatemala not the case.  Never a second thought when the light is dim.  Just turn on a lamp, one of the eighteen I own, flip a switch, one of the twenty four in my home...but to a mom in Guatemala not the case.  I take them all taken for granted!
Meet Sandra from Guatemala. She has no electricity in her home. You can see her joy at a simple gift given to her, a ray of light, built from a simple 2 liter bottle filled with water and a little bleach.  What will night be like for Sandra?  Dark again.  But her days are filled with light! 







 


 To read more about joyful people like Sandra visit Mayan Families, a non profit caring for and loving the beautiful Mayan People of Guatemala.

No comments:

Post a Comment